Friday, October 31, 2014

Paint what you can

Last Saturday was a beautiful fall day.
I love spending beautiful days doing outdoor projects on the farm.

Now here’s the deal…. The house is in serious need of some paint.
Serious.
But I don’t have the time or resources to paint the whole house exterior.
My thing was I really wanted the front entrance (a nice little corner) of the house painted.
It was really bugging me.


And I had the time and the paint to get that done.
So I did.
And since I had paint left in my cup, I decided to touch up the front porch and the back porch. And paint the back door. Sigh. Sometimes I roll like that.
Oh there is plenty that still needs painting but these little areas are done for now and they make me happy.

Because I’m embracing the simple fact that it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful (thanks Nester)
And if little half-completed small tasks make me smile- I should do them.


Isn't that a beautiful difference? And now that one bright, shining, non-paint chippy spot is making me smile.
Because it made me smile so much and because I still had a paint brush and paint in my hand.... I wandered down to the backside of the house and touched up the southwest corner all the way around the back door. I even painted the back door!
It was definitely in need. So I painted.
And then I stopped. The backside of the house is now half done and yes, the rest of the back still needs a good scrape and paint but that door and the bit of white siding right by it is nice and bright, shiny white.
And that makes me smile.

The other thing that makes me smile is finally finding a very close match to that dark green paint after hauling home paint samples from 5 different stores. [The piece of paper that we wrote down that color and number on are long gone.] Winner: Forest Floor by Do it Best Corp (and I mention it here so I have record to come to....]


With the weather changes the green may have to wait until Spring, but just in case another nice day comes around again this fall.... I'm ready.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover