Wednesday, May 14, 2014

There's a whole lotta crazy going on

The wait is just about over.
The move is on.

Our house closing for our beautiful yellow townie farmhouse is this week.
The full out, everything must go moving day is next weekend.

Friends, we've got some serious chaos going on here.

And I'm doing my best to oversee it all and hold on to my sanity at the same time.
Every room (save the kitchen) is in a state of upheaval. Boxes and papers and stuff is everywhere.

The photos and artwork and pretties are off the walls.
The house has an echo now.
It's no longer home..... and that does make me sad.




And at the same time, I am ohsovery ready for this next adventure- The Farm!
We are all just about bouncing off the walls excited about being at the farm full-time.

And yet this mama right here- she feels like she's got a foot planted in both places. One stuck at the yellow house and one already moved on to the farm.
Feels a bit like being split in two.

We moved our mower two weeks ago.
And now the lawn here needs to be mowed. It looks awful and I'm not handing this precious house over with such a scraggly lawn. I just can't do it.
The Mister says he'll figure something out. I know he will.

Someone stole our trash hopper last week and the waste company says it'll be a week to ten days before we get a new one..... do you know how much trash we're generating going through stuff here? Tons! This is NOT good timing.
I refuse to let it get to me. I know it's the little sticky spots where the devil is going to try and poke at me right now.... all those little details that can go wrong, that he can mess with and hope to use to mess with my mind.

I so don't want that to happen. I really don't want to have mommy melt-down in the middle of this move. We're practicing preventative maintenance because we know this type of stress is what leads to such melt downs. We're praying lots and my family is helping remind me to take breaks and have a quiet time to myself in the afternoons when possible.

Yesterday was one of those days.... I packed every single empty box we had on hand and it barely made a dent in the kitchen. We're still trying to do school here too and doing school and packing boxes is a bit more chaotic than I'd anticipated. I called my brother, asking for more boxes. He couldn't come until later. I knew this was a sign that I needed to rest and enter into some quiet time.

He brought me about a dozen boxes later that afternoon. The Mister brought home more boxes from work. And this morning, my dear childhood friend.... my oldest friendship in this life- she brought me over a half dozen or more large Rubbermaid containers. Just what I need for packing up and protecting our precious school books. 
That last bit of goodness just about did me in. She brought without me asking, without me knowing. She just knew I could use them for a time.

God is so good to me!

Even in the midst of this ordinary type of chaos, He's going ahead and providing for me. How can I not marvel at that?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover