Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Week 25 {Embrace the Camera}: Lego, Lincoln & My Boy

Week 25 means we're almost half way through this photography experiment.
So how am I doing? Pretty good, I think. 

So good, I'm sharing a candid un-posed, caught unawares photo with you this week.

Our homeschool group does end-of-year presentations called Creative Explorations. Basically, it's a presentation in front of the whole co-op. It can be as involved as the child/teacher mama wants it to be. It can be a science experiment, reading aloud a short story the student wrote, sharing something they built, a how-to and more.
I basically allow my girls to pick and choose their own projects and help when asked- otherwise it's theirs to plan and execute. My Boy and I brainstorm ideas together, choose his favorite and go from there.
So far, all of his projects have been Lego based, of course.

This year he's been very much into building with his Legos based on what he's learning in his history lessons. He created The Monitor (iron clad) and the Hunley (submarine) from Legos when we were studying the Civil War. He made a steam boat when we studied Robert Fulton and tried to even make the Hindenburg airship (very difficult). He's made a Model T and a platform for his Lego Lincoln to give the Gettysburg Address on.....
This Boy's creative streak is 20 miles long.


He chose Lincoln and the Gettysburg Address for his project. He had his Lego Lincoln on the platform for his prop, a short informational write up about the speech and then wanted to share a recording of the speech with everyone. He even wore his Abe Lincoln t-shirt.
The Boy was decked out and set up!



And then it came time for his turn and this gregarious Little Man of mine got a bit of stage fright.
Enter Mama stage left. A few prompts whispered in his ear and off he went.

My Lu caught this photo of the two of us.... I kinda love it.

And just because I love my Boy, I'm including photos of Lego Lincoln on his platform.

Pretty awesome isn't it?

I gotta say- I love how My Boy uses his Legos to extend his learning experiences. And even more so- I love how he does it all on his own with no prompting from the mama.

Life is good, my friends. Very, very good.


>>> Embrace the Camera is a year long challenge in which I agreed to take/have taken and post at least one photo of myself each week for 52 weeks. No editing out the wrinkles or digitally shrinking the waist line or cloning out the growing grey.... real pictures of the real me. Along with the photos comes bits and pieces of my heart- written out here as I walk this journey to capture the real me on camera for the remembering.
Click here for all cumulative weeks of the Embrace the Camera Challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover