Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 23 {Embrace the Camera} Part 1: New Do

I'm officially half way finished with my one year  Embrace the Camera challenge.
Wowzers!
Yes, it's getting easier.... as long as I don't get so caught up in my weekly to-dos that I don't make time for a photo op.
In honor of this momentous occassion- my Embrace the Camera post for this week will be a two part-er.
One post is very close to my heart and hasn't reached it's right reading flow yet.... its a work in progress that I hope to share later this week.

The first part is right here....
We spent as much of our "spare time" as we could this week at the farm priming and painting The Boy's bedroom and the family closet (very small bedroom that's gonna be a wonderful big closet for us!).

We were blessed to have Lu's bestie, Al, come and help us out one day. I love this girl like she's my very own.... she calls me her second mom and I love that. Here we are together as she helped with some of the serious dirty work in The Boy's room- scraping all that old paint and wallpaper (ew). 


I love that my Lulu has this girl as her best friend. God has truly blessed these two young women in their friendship. They have that "iron sharpens iron" true blue, speak-the-truth-in-love relationship the like of which I didn't have until my 30's! This is a friendship that will last their whole lives through. What a precious gift! And what a gift to me to have this young lady as an "adopted daughter".

Besides all that painting- the other news of the week was that I finally decided I couldn't stand my long hair getting caught in doors and seat belts anymore and I went in for my first hair cut in over a year....


A friend of mine is a beautician and was able to get me in the very day I called for an appointment! I love that. She cut over eight inches off my hair and gave me some lovely face framing layers. I love it.
Really.

I continue to embrace the streak of grey that continues to appear in my hair and my beautician friend loved playing up this "natural highlight". Yes, a streak of grey- not a few greys here and there sprinkled throughout my hair but an entire section on the right side of my part is turning grey. The exact same thing happened to my mama and people thought she purposed to dye it that way.... so, instead of coloring it and having to try and keep up with the touch-ups that I know I just won't keep up with- I'm embracing my natural hair.
And most days I like it just fine.



>>> Embrace the Camera is a year long challenge in which I agreed to take/have taken and post at least one photo of myself each week for 52 weeks. No editing out the wrinkles or digitally shrinking the waist line or cloning out the growing grey.... real pictures of the real me. Along with the photos comes bits and pieces of my heart- written out here as I walk this journey to capture the real me on camera for the remembering.
Click here for all cumulative weeks of the Embrace the Camera Challenge.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover