Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Springing an Hour Forward: The Time Change Effect (and me)

Since the time change I've managed to offend not one but two friends, ruin a shirt, put a nick in a wall, break my French press & the kitchen sprayer (interesting story there), and take advantage of not one but two separate opportunities to put not only one foot- but instead make room for both my feet in my mouth, simultaneously. My words conspire against me and my thoughts aren't articulating well vocally. We've had to buy yet another hose for the hose system that is currently bringing water into our abode (if you've been following- that's 3 hoses ruined), We still have no water and the temperatures are dipping again and it looks like we may have to haul the whole shebang back in and out tonight and tomorrow (oh joy), there's more snow coming which could affect the alternative plans we had for a day trip (since we canceled our get-away plans) for our anniversary. One of my children has decided to sneak off and ditch school every time my back is turned and same child thinks that singing something about wearing a pink tux is a great line to repeat over and over in different pitches to the point it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Sigh.

Frozen waves on Lake Michigan-  at Sunset

Flip side>>> From my devotional today (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young): 
"When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength. That's why it is so wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you. The issue is not your strength but Mine, which is limitless."
Obviously, I don't have it together- not even close. I'm prone to messing up, losing my temper, throwing a fit, and even to whining & complaining about my circumstances.... I just don't have the strength to deal with all this-- which is actually okay since I was never meant to. 
My energy level measures at blah and my circumstances tend to trip me up and pull my focus from where it should be. The threat of another bout of freezing temps, having to replace another hose and the fact that I offended a friend sent me into an ugly tizzy this morning. It was not pretty, people. Not at all. And here's where I'm tripping up.... I've left no room for grace. Grace for me and my mistakes, grace for those around me, grace even, for my circumstances. My house may not have running water, but I do- the living water of Christ in me and I quite simply forgot that very certain fact today. 
GRACE

Changing Focus>>> Fill me up, Lord, with your living water to such an extent that my cup overflows so fully that I have to drink from the saucer and that it will splash so much so that those around me get wet. Please help me to keep focused on You and not on my circumstances. Help me to extend grace to those around me and also to myself. Let me not forgo the gift of your unmerited favor.
Amen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover