Thursday, March 27, 2014

House & Home & Farm Update

Now

We've had an offer on the house.
We've accepted that offer.

And those two sentences right there don't do justice to what I'm feeling right now.
I'm all over it excited, sad and mostly overwhelmed.
God is so very, very good.

He has kept us close to Him during this and grown me so much.
And it's not over yet.
In fact, I think most of the growth is still yet to come as we wait for the paperwork and house inspection to go through and the closing date to creep closer.
We've got to pack up 20 years of lovin' & livin' in our sprawling house and condense it into a bit smaller quarters.... that we'll be sharing with my parents (for an unknown length of time).
I'm over-the-moon excited that our farm dreams are that much closer to becoming real deal reality....And trepidatious as I wonder if I can really do this.... pack it all up and leave.
Um... yeah. That.
You see- this right here that I wrote last fall is still true today.
All that I have that is good here-- I'm taking it with me.
I am also admitting to being a serious, sentimental fool.

This morning, as I walked back into our bedroom with a load of clean, folded clothes in my arms, I stopped and stared at the door frame.
The door frame on the left side- it marks in pencil-- my children's growth through the years.
Yes, we went old school and did a growth chart right on a permanent piece of the house.
And I can't take that with me.
Sigh.

These are the things creeping in on me. Is this how adventure always feels? Real, no-turning-back adventure? Fun and exciting yet scary and sad all at once?

People pack up and move all the time. Why should this be my struggle?
Goodness gracious, I'm only moving seven miles away.... we won't be saying good-bye to anything besides this here house. No changing jobs, churches, losing friends or any of that.
I'm clearly over-reacting.
How do I stop?

Very Near Future.... very
I'm a "look at the big picture first then chop it into bite size pieces" kind of gal.
If I don't like the looks of the big picture- I usually don't follow through with things.
I love the looks of the big picture here. 
It's us making our family farm dream come to fruition.
So it seems its the bite size pieces I'm choking on right now.

I look at all our stuff upon stuff upon stuff and think- how in the world will we pack all this up and move it in 6-8 weeks? How to I label boxes so I know where to find things and just where am I going to put all these boxes, boxes, boxes?

So what's a girl to do?
1. Soak in the Word.... only way I can walk or even crawl through this is with lots and lots of Jesus. Lots. (this is gonna include some pocket verses, seriously.)
Right now I'm reading from Psalms and Philippians.... two of my go-to books when I need remindering that my God is bigger and in control.
2. Work forward. -- My biggest downfall is what my Mr. Steady calls "borrowing trouble". I'm always ever looking forward to all that needs doing and all that could go wrong. To combat that I'm trying to simply focus on the next part of the project. Right now that is getting the farmhouse bedrooms (and hallway and room we're turning into the family closet) fixed and move-in-able. 
This is good work for me-- because painting doesn't require a lot of thinking and so instead I'm left with ample time to turn my thoughts towards prayer.
3. Pray continually. Arrow prayers, breath prayers, lengthy prayers, before you get up and before you sleep prayers, dinner prayers, folding laundry and making dinner prayers. This is key in getting through this move with a good attitude and good memories- loads of prayer.

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; 
thank God no matter what happens. 
This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

4. Count Thankfuls. Yes, it's common practice around here to jot down thankfuls every day but when things get hairy this can get set to the side "for later" and in all honesty, there are days when later doesn't happen. I don't like those days- too many days of not physically scribbling down my thankfuls makes me grumpish. I know this- so I must combat this and determine to keep my list going steady no matter what.

I will offer You my grateful heart, 
for I am Your unique creation, 
filled with wonder and awe.
You have approached even the smallest details with excellence;
Your works are wonderful;
I carry this knowledge deep within my soul.

Psalm 139:14

So that's where I'm at right now and where we're heading.... and may the fingerprints of God be on every piece and every moment of this adventure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover