Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 6 {Embracing the Camera}: Instagrammed and Selfied

Last week I got all caught up in the celebrating of Ms. Books' Seventeenth birthday.
And I almost missed getting my picture taken for my Embrace the Camera challenge!
Eek!

Instagram and selfies to the rescue. The girl was all snuggled up close to her mama (isn't that the bestest?!) and I grabbed the phone for a quick shot.
This is what we got:



it's not the best lighting and all that.... and wowzers, you can see my laugh lines but I love it.
I love it because it's us.

Besides, part of this embrace the camera challenge stuff is coming to terms, and dare I say- embracing myself- how I look no matter the lighting or the flattering vs unflattering angle....

I look at my daughter, my sweet girl, and I see her for who she is and how she shines from the inside and out and I love it. I see a beauty there that will not fade. Because it doesn't reside in her skin tone, her shape or her size, it's not in the color of her hair or how wide her eyes appear. She has that true beauty that comes from her close walk with God.
I love that.


You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
1 Peter 3:4

And I know this too >>> I need to give myself some of that love too. I am my own worst critic. 

I want my kiddos to see a mama full of laughter and joy. A mama that loves Jesus so much, with her whole heart, that it can't help but spill out and shine right out of her!


Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
Proverbs 31:30



Go here for all cumulative weeks of my year long Embrace the Camera Challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover