Friday, October 25, 2013

New Projects begun.... its all about the paint

One way I'm learning to handle the house sale is to work on other things....
Like farmy type things.

I love me some farm.

There's work to be done there to make room for us when this house does sell and the move is on. So now that we've got things mostly squared away and spic-n-spannish here at the yellow townie farmhouse, we're turning our eyes towards and putting our hands to work at the farm.

A couple of weekends ago we narrowed down the paint color choices for the master bedroom and the girls' room and I went and bought a few paint samples.

And we painted them up on the walls and hemmed and hawed over what was the really truly best choice....

And with the application of a few paint strokes... another project (or 2) begins.

Unfortunately I don't have the best before shots because really, I wasn't thinking about taking pictures at the time....
Here's the only before shot I've got of the master.... my mom has already begun packing things up so the stage isn't exactly set. 



My mama's theme for this room was a cabin in the woods. Where I go for old farmhouse style in my decorating, my mama likes woodsy and rustic. She has wonderful taste and decorating style. I love how she mish-mashes things together and makes it work and feel like home.

I have been itching to paint a room a lovely shade of gray for quite some time.... now is my chance. These are my paint options (all three are Benjamin Moore colors)>>>



I painted those 3 colors on every wall in that room, in the darkest corner and in the lightest corner and revisited it all a couple different times to see how the different lighting played on them...
After much debate, we went with Mr. Steady's first choice: Moonshine.

Just in case you're wondering.... we will be priming the walls before we paint. That green is something powerful to behold, I tell ya. Whew.
We'll be painting the trim white and I'm trying to talk the Mister into a little DIY molding work up top.... we shall see....

We also need to figure out the lighting situation in this room. The light there now works great with the woodsy theme... but not with what I have in mind.


Next up is the girls' room. This was my room growing up.... and then my sister's after I moved out. She painted it blue. We like the blue but the girls want to update it to more of a robins egg blue color.... I don't have a before photo.... I do have this one- you can see that the girls have already started moving things into this room- they're just ever so teensy-weensy excited about this move....



Here are their 3 color options:



I have to tell you- these don't look that gray in person.... much more robins egg blue. The top and bottom colors are both from Menards' Grand Distinctions line and the middle one is Valspar.
Here are the same 3 colors in another corner of the room- you can see the blue hues a bit better here.... and yes, we will be repainting the doors....


And what color did the ladies decide on?
The middle one: Lake Breeze by Valspar.
The white trim will be touched up and the door on the left painted to match the trim. The door on the right will be painted with chalkboard paint-- for their spurts of doodling inspiration.

This crazy adventure is picking up some forward momentum.....


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover