Monday, July 29, 2013

The Boy built his own Model T

Wanted to pop in real quick to show y'all what my Boy has been working on today....
He was inspired this morning to create his own Model T out of Legos.
He did a bit of research online, started creating, hit a snag and did a bit more research.

He found this youtube video to be the most helpful.

And he created this right here


That's pretty stinkin' awesome in my book.

My Boy is a Lego fiend and he's been helping me work on some ideas for a Lego Creators class I'm going to be teaching for our homeschool co-op this fall. Thanks to The Boy and Pinterest, I've got some great ideas... some of which I hope to be able to share right here. I've pinned so many interesting Lego ideas that I think I may need to make a separate pin board. Which leads me to thinking how much I wish they'd let you create sub boards (you know- boards within boards).
The most helpful site I've found so far is this one: Homegrown Learners. She's got a slew of neat-o Lego ideas and her 10 Week Lego Class is what gave me the determination that yes, I can teach NINE BOYS (ages 8-10) a one hour class every other week on Legos.
I'm telling myself, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...."

That and the approximately 20 pounds of Legos Mr. Steady scored at GW on Saturday while we were out on a date. That's a major score. MAJOR. I feel so much more ready to teach with a plethora of Legos at the ready.... because, really, I just didn't have it in me to tell My Boy, "Hey, I need all your Legos for the fall semester and you have to share them with 8 other boys...."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover