Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Praise! He knows all things!

This verse wasn't part of my quiet time this morning (I'm in Matthew).... but that doesn't stop my Jesus from sharing with me....
 I so love it when God just swoops in and puts a little extra something before my eyes and in my heart.
This verse popped out at me when I picked up a small prayer book for moms that I have... I was thinking of looking for a little bit of something to share with a friend to lift her up and wouldn't you know it--- God had a little something in there for me too.
Often of late, when a scripture grabs me I will study it in 2-3 different translations. For this set of verses- The Voice translation (yes, it's new) really grabbed a hold of me.


There is a sure way for us to know that we belong to the truth.
Even though our inner thoughts may condemn us with
storms of guilt and constant reminders of our failures,
we can know in our hearts that in His presence
God Himself is greater than any accusation.
He knows all things.
1 John 3:19-20 The Voice

I woke up this morning with some heavy inner thoughts condemning me and even though I finished an amazing quiet time I still carried some heavy weight on me. My Jesus is so awesome like that.... it's as if he scooped me right up in His arms and dumped that weight right off of me. I know myself, and I'll have to fight not to put that weight back on my shoulders as the day lengthens.... but I will fight. I'm writing this out and making it my pocket verse for today. With God on my side I cannot be defeated.
Amen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover