Thursday, June 27, 2013

Finding Acceptable

Let the words of my mouth
and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength
and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14


Lots of thoughts and stuff and life running through my mind these past few days. Wishin' I had time and space and a bit of moola for my own personal sabbatical... because I'm just so feeling a need for one.
I'm wishing and longing for a simple summer but the stuff and schedules are piling up....
We've got to get this house put back together
I've got to get school schedules squared away
We've got family, friend and church obligations to meet
and I just want the crazy to stop spinning.

So I'm doing lots of praying and meditating on scripture as I paint and sand and paint and plant and paint.... 
one of the things I love about these house projects is the freedom for my mind to wander as I work. So I'm putting myself and my family in the midst of a few projects this coming week.
And hosting a family gathering.
And that's that.
The Mister and I have talked long and much about my feelings about all this crazy.

We're not penciling in family time next week... we wrote it on the calendar in ink, put in for a day all together, just us. Doing some fun, laid back, enjoy each other family stuff....
The kids don't know what all we've got planned. We like the idea of surprising them.

We're wanting to be making memories here and we're aiming to do it.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover