Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Crossing another one off the list and this stuff is growing me

I may be a bit late hopping on this train but in the past two years, I've become a BIG fan of Lysa TurKeurst and her tell it like it is with a good dose of love writing and speaking style. She speaks right to my heart and makes me sit up an listen!
I started out with her book Made to Crave back in the summer of 2011.



Loved it.
Here's a quote from the book that I not only underlined but highlighted and starred, “So, I'm not on a diet. I'm on a journey with Jesus to learn the fine art of self-discipline for the purpose of holiness.” 
Amen, Sister.
Made to Crave has helped me continue on the journey of loving the me that I am in the right now present. Here's another quote straight from the book, "The body God has given me is good. It's not perfect nor will it ever be. But it is a gift for which I am thankful."

Then last summer Lysa came out with this book



Oh Lord Jesus, that woman had gone and climbed right inside my head and heart with that one. Unglued zapped me, tapped me and pushed my buttons so much that I found I couldn't read it before bed... because my brain just wouldn't shut down and stop thinking about it all. I readily admit to being a woman that comes unglued easily, but not as easily as I once did. I loved how this book really got me thinking and how I've come to a better understanding of not allowing my emotions to run away with me.... as they are so want to do.
"I know what it's like to praise God one minute and in the next minute yell and scream at my child." - quote from Unglued. Yep, I know what it's like to live in the midst of that sentence.
This right here gave me the go-to line: Feelings are indicators, not dictators.
Feelings are indicators, not dictators. They can indicate where your heart is in the moment, but that doesn't mean they have the right to dictate your behavior and boss you around. You are more than the sum total of your feelings and perfectly capable of that little gift . . . called self-control.” 


And now as I'm planning and doing and crossing things off not only my own summer bucket list but also my 39 Things to do while I'm 39 list... this is on both of my lists:
Start and finish (and enjoy) an online bible study.
And just the other day, through rabbit trailing online, I'm lead to this right here. I read it, bookmarked it and prayed about it. In the past few years, I've started at least three online studies and didn't finish a single one. Not one. 
Today I signed up and ordered the book.
I'm gonna do this.


The way I'm figuring it-- It's marked on my calendar and is a bit more than a month away... which gives me time to pray about it in advance, to prepare myself.... time to carve out time in my schedule to do something I really want to do.
I can do this.

I'm pretty stinkin' excited about it too... which is partly why I'm sharing it with y'all....
and the other part is I'm hoping to provide myself with some accountability in this adventure.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover