Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tastes like you splurged: Homemade Cinnamon Cranberry Bread

I adore the smell of fresh baked bread. Yum!
I messed and tweaked with merging a couple of recipes I found on Pinterest for cinnamon raisin bread until I got this just right!
This recipe is for a sweet bread, which we call a "snack" bread because that's what we use it for.  I cut this bread into thick slices and then cut each slice into four pieces for easy snacking.
This bread barely lasts two days in our house.


Cinnamon Cranberry Bread

1 cup water
3 Tbsp sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter, softened
3 cups Bread flour
2 ½ tsp bread machine yeast
¾ cup dried cranberries*

Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed except for cranberries. Add cranberries as recommended by bread machine manufacturer (look up “add-ins”). My machine has a handy little compartment for adding “extras” so I don’t need dto listen for a beep or time it for my add-ins. That’s pretty nifty!
Set your bread machine for sweet or basic/white cycle or if you’ve got an amazing machine like mine- set it for fruit/nut bread. Use medium or light crust depending on your preference (I like light).
When machine is done- remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
Makes a 1.5 pound loaf.
*You can sub in other dried fruit if desired. Raisins, blueberries, cherries etc.

Side note: This makes an incredible, delectable, decedent French toast!

Don't know if you've noticed... but purchasing cinnamon raisin bread in the store is woo-wee expensive! I can make this larger loaf at home for under $1.50. I love that I don't have to splurge to make this wonderful bread- it just tastes like I did!

This right here is my beloved bread machine-


I've had this machine for just over 16 months and I still love it so.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover