Friday, May 3, 2013

Celebrating Birthdays of a Different Sort

We love to celebrate at our home.

We sprinkle our celebrations with many family traditions, some that have been passed down to us, from our parents and their parents, and many more that we have created together as our own little family.

By far, one of my very favorites, from the family traditions that we have created together, is our Re-birthday celebration.

Yes, I said RE-birth.



We celebrate each of our children’s [re]birth into the family of God…. Celebrating the day each of my children asked Christ to be their Savior.

We do birthdays up big here. BIG.  We put a lot of love and fun into celebrating each of our children’s births- how could we do anything less in marking the occasion of the day their name was written down in the Lamb's Book of Life? The day Jesus smiled big and called them His own and all of heaven cheered joyously?

I want my children to know what a wonder this is, what joy there is in marking the years of being all His.


{Come read the rest of my post over at my In Real Life friend Katie's blog today. My post is part of a great series she's hosting about  Intentional Motherhood. Be sure to read the rest of the posts in the series- some seriously good stuff there!
And may I also add: Thank you Katie for inviting me to be a part of this great series along with so many other great mamas. It's been a real treat!}


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover