Tuesday, April 2, 2013

To Love Mercy

 It is no secret that I have a great big love for Mercy House.
The heart and mission of this organization caught me quick and wrapped my heart up tight right from the get-go. Our family has been a Mercy House sponsor for over almost two years and I cannot speak highly enough about them... So when Kristen put a call out for bloggers to help with a Mercy House Shop Blog Tour, I raised my hand high in YES and signed up.

A couple of weeks later I received this gorgeous and practical farmhouse tote in the mail:


With my daily traveling back and forth to my in-laws to help care for Mom and Dad W- this tote bag has been a God-send. It is so sturdy- stands on it's own with no flippy-floppiness! I've tossed groceries in it, my purse and camera, school books and more. And did I mention how very pretty it is? And how awesome is it that I'm reminded to Love Mercy every time I haul it to my in-laws?
It is quite humbling to be able to minister to them in practical ways and be a bit of Jesus with skin on to them...
which is how I feel about being able to help with Mercy House.... the opportunity to love mercy and be a bit of Jesus with skin on to someone else in this great, big world.

The bag is made of laminated jute in an ohso lovely charcoal gray color and measures (h x w x d) 14.2 x 15.7 x 7.1 inches which is a real great size for so many things. Inside is a velcro closure hanging pocket as well as 2 small side pockets, one on each short side- very handy for little things that would get lost in the bottom- great for a fast place to dump your change or chapstick or gum!  The fabric pattern on both sides (and also on the inside of each handle) is stitched on and is actually recycled material- from a beautiful sari wrap. These bags are made by Freeset and custom printed with "Love Mercy" just for Mercy House. Each month a different color combination of lovely sari material is featured- be sure and check out April's pattern!
The following is copied straight from the Mercy House Shop: When you purchase one of these bags, not only are you supporting the moms and babies of Mercy House, you are supporting the women who made them, who were rescued from sex trafficking in Calcutta, India. 

I love that in purchasing this tote you are actually supporting two very worthwhile organizations! 

 I also received this super awesome Tee:
via
Ms. Books has already stolen from right under my nose borrowed the shirt a few times. My love of Mercy House quickly rubbed off on her... Mercy House is as much in her servant's heart as it is in mine. This shirt is made so very nicely. We love the fit and the feel of the material. It's made to fit a woman's curves and the material is super soft... like a tee that's been worn and washed for awhile. "It's so comfy," was Ms. Books comment and I so agree.

Both of these items can be purchased in the Mercy House Shop. Every purchase made in the Mercy House Shop helps support Mercy House, a Kenyan-based maternity home that rescues pregnant girls from truly hopeless and often homeless circumstances. Some of the Mercy House Shop products are actually made by the girls living at Mercy House, such as the beautiful paper bead jewelry.  Making the beads is just one of the life skills taught to the girls while they live at Mercy House. Mercy House helps these girls by providing housing, nutrition, prenatal care, counseling, Biblical teaching and job skills for sustainable living. I am excited to think of the impact Mercy House will have as it continues to grow, as these girls graduate the program and go forth to impact others because of the love and kindness that was shown to them. Mercy House is also not only making a difference in these girls and their children's lives but the ripple affect is also touching their families and communities. Go here to read about Mercy House's programs. It's amazing what God is doing through them! 
Want to know more? Check out the Mercy House Blog. I love checking in on the blog and reading of God's grace and mercy poured out in living color, of His miracles and God-breathed plans coming to life right there in the midst of such ugliness and pain. I also love seeing the faces of the girls and their super cutie pie babies in the photos.... putting a face to a name I am praying for is such a treat! God is so very, very good!

I am so beyond thrilled to be a small part of the support of Mercy House and their vision for growing God's Kingdom and loving His children. Would you consider joining me in supporting this worthwhile ministry? You can give as little as $3 a month. No kidding! You can start out just like we did, $3 a month and as God nudges you can give a little bit more and a little bit more. Isn't that exciting? What an incredible, worthy mission to be a part of! $3 is approximately the cost of just one fancy coffee- who can't do that?!
And don't forget that every purchase made at the Mercy House Shop helps support the vision too! Perhaps you'd even consider having a Mercy House Shop Home Party...
I, for one, am contemplating it... 



Full Disclosure: I was given the bag and shirt for free to review on my blog for Mercy House.
All opinions are my own.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover