Wednesday, December 26, 2012

On This the Day After

I love the day after Christmas.
The quiet.
The rest.
The simplicity.

Now, I am truly on break. Now that Christmas baking and making and wrapping is done and family celebrations have been had... now is for the quiet, the reflection and the rest. Now I can wrap up cozy on the couch with a small stack of books I've been wanting to read.

Today is my do nothing you don't want to do day.
Today we sleep in and wallow under the covers.
Today there is no need to rush my morning quiet time.
Today we reheat leftovers for meals.
The laundry remains undone.
Today we play games.
And read books.
We eat fudge and Christmas cookies.

Today, in the quiet and the simple and the ordinary, mundane we celebrate being our little family.

Life is good.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow--
most especially, these ordinary, everyday,
mundane blessings...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover