Thursday, November 15, 2012

Immense Stockpiles, Crazy Chaos & Hope


When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself.
Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer.
Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. 
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. 
The "worst" is never the worst.  
Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return.  
If he works severely, he also works tenderly. 
His stockpiles of loyal love are immense. 
Lamentations 3:28-32

Life has been extremely busy lately and often that creates an equal, if not greater, amount of stress in my life. It's how I've rolled most of my life. But I'm working on changing that. A few weeks ago, Mr. Steady happened to ask me as we were getting ready for church on a Sunday morning, what our week was going to be like. I thought about it for a moment and began ticking off all the "stuff" we had going on. Our calendar had something going on every day and somewhere we needed to be every. single. night. We just kind of looked at each other with apprehension. Weeks like these rarely go well for us.
And then we decided to change that....
As the mister and I sat in church service that morning, we both felt the wait of the coming week on us alongside that amazing comforting peace of a Spirit-filled worship service.... when prayer time came, he squeezed my hand and I looked up at him. We whispered quietly- both of us realizing we wanted needed to go to the altar to kneel and cover our upcoming, hectic week in prayer. Bathe it in prayer.
And so we did.
Every morning.
While the week had its bumps it was quite certainly no where near the normal amount of chaos and mass confusion we usually find ourselves embroiled in. I managed to hold onto my temper a great deal of the time. We felt a natural flow of time and were able to make it to our evening events on time and more importantly without meltdowns and with the minimum of fuss. The good things we had planned that week.... stayed good things! We enjoyed our messy, crazy busy week and didn't feel completely worn-out, dragged down and stomped on by the end of it.
Isn't that just amazing.

When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself.... Enter the silence.... Bow in prayer.
Oh my yes!
How can I forget the simplicity and power of prayer for all circumstances? To take a moment to stop and ask God to shape my week? To pray over my calendar and ask Him to prioritize my days?
Some weeks cannot help but be hectic but others I make that way by overextending myself... by not inquiring of the Lord what I should and shouldn't be saying "yes" to... by skipping my quiet time because I got up too late and life is just "too, too" busy....
I learned another benefit of homeschooling that I have overlooked because of my love of schedule and routine.... the benefit of adjustment. I learned that getting up late does not mean I shove my quiet time to the side. It means we adjust our morning to accommodate a later starting quiet time. The reality I am seeing is that these late start days haven't tripped me up but have instead slowed down enough for me to catch up. I thought starting later would make school drag indefinitely and make us cranky when just the opposite has proven to be true. Taking the time to have my quiet time even on the most hectic of days has improved my disposition immensely which proves for a much smoother school day. 
You see- The Worst is never the worst. A late start doesn't automatically constitute a bad day.... but my attitude about that late start does! I've begun to check myself....  the other day when a child and I were stuck on a particularly difficult lesson that was going downhill fast- I pulled us both away, shut the book, took a deep breath and began to pray. Right then and there. I prayed for wisdom and calm for both of us. I prayed for clarity and I prayed for my temper and frustration to dispel. We left that book closed for the day. That lesson didn't get checked off my schedule and the next day's routine had to be adjusted... things I don't do well. But this time it was different. The next day that lesson just clicked!
I was once again being taught to exchange my time table, my priorities, for His. Why am I surprised it worked better His way? Ha! The Master won't ever walk out and fail to return! God knows my schedule for this week, for this day, for this afternoon better than I ever could. And I really prefer it that way.
Instead try this...
Wait for hope to appear.
As I look at my life, as I look at the busy chaos of these past few weeks, I know that not a moment of it has been out of His loving care. He has again and again and again made a way for me. He daily offers me hope- hope for a good day, hope for right priorities, hope for His wisdom and His grace. 
Hope. 
Ever So Simply Hope.

After all....
His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover