Friday, October 19, 2012

Looking forward to where this is heading

Earlier this week, I read this great post from Christian Mommy Blogger about making your blog an e-ministry.
I have to say, that post completely resonated with me.


 [Please click the link and pin directly from their site]



I love this simple statement from Nikki: "eMinistry is a way to educate, encourage and energize you. As a result, you can then educate, encourage and energize your readers."


That's exactly how I feel when I have a spare moment to jot down a portion of my God journey right here. It energizes and encourages me to share and I pray that those posts encourage and energize each person who pops in to read them. 

Today I had an epiphany while on a rabbit trail... It all started when I began catching up on some favorite blogs... 
It started with Jamie of See Jamie Blog and her post here about a blogging conference she went to.
Then I hop/skipped over to here where I read this post by Tsh of Simple Mom. Which in turn reminded me that our family had begun constructing a purpose statement (or mission statement, if you so prefer) after reading Tsh's orginal post a few years ago (original post). We never really finished it. Which led me to make this note on my weekly schedule: Discuss and finalize family purpose statement this week.

And like the book, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie... this led me to thinking how my blog should have a purpose statement.


I want to write a purpose statement for my blog.
I want to put it down in writing what I am attempting to accomplish in this space.

I'm not exactly sure what it's going to say yet... I know the words common and contented should be in there somewhere....
Here's what I wrote on my Facebook Page in the "about" tab:
A Contented, Common Life is a glimpse into my every day-ordinary, common, crazy, God-blessed, contented life as a homeschooling, frugal-living, farm-dreaming Mama to three hilarious kiddos and wife to one amazingly rock-steady man. I write from my heart concerning all that I am passionate about… from homeschooling to Jesus-loving, from menu planning to frugal home renovations, from counting my thankfuls to my love of Pinterest- It’s all right here.

I think that's a good sum up statement, so I'm thinking of using it as a jumping off point. First things, first- it is something I need to be in prayer about (just like our family purpose statement). I want this to be God led just as I want this blog to be God led.

Which leads me to this....
I'm looking forward to where God is leading this.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover