Saturday, October 27, 2012

Links for your weekend from my weekly online travels

Some of my favorite links this week:

Lysa TerKeurst's post- Do I want to make peace or progress?
Has me nodding my head and making some mental notes... I am a person who avoids conflict like the plague. Bad experience in my handling of past conflicts compounded by my people-pleasing personality has caused me to shy away from any type of confrontation. Over the last two years, I have come to realize that hiding from conflict isn't healthy either. 
I love this line from Lysa's post: Remember conflict doesn’t always mean we have to fight against something and tear it apart. Conflict can also mean we’re fighting for something to make it even better and stronger than it’s ever been.
Good stuff right there!

I've gotten back some of my crafty mojo this week... I used this tutorial to create a super cute fall wreath-

Source: momadvice.com via Amy on Pinterest


I added an adorable paint chip pennant banner to mine.... hoping to share photos soon.

Someone in your house love Legos? Check out the stop action mini movies on the Lego Youtube Channel.

I love this printable of keyboard shortcuts from Christian Mommy Blogger- most I already knew but needed the refresher and the visual.

Speaking of free printables and banners... go here and download this free Thanksgiving banner - print it and hang it where it'll make you smile every day! And because I'm a serious rabbit trail follower... I clicked here from this post and saw this free printable which I think would be an ohsovery cute and adorable baby shower gift. I'm thinking I would paint the wood backing a color that compliments the baby's room, sanding and aging it a bit for effect. Pretty stinkin' cute isn't it?!

I love this post by Jamie of See Jamie Blog concerning the teen auto agreement she and her husband created with their daughter. Mr. Steady and I plan to do something similar with our kiddos.

Lastly, this post that I pinned on Pinterest is very close to the approach Mr. Steady and I take in daily praying for our children. We pray 31 different scriptures that pretty closely match up with the ones in the post. This way we are covering a specific area of our children's lives in prayer each day for an entire month... then we just repeat the process the next month. At least every so often, if not daily, make sure your children hear you praying for them. Its amazing what it means to them to hear you pray so specifically and intentionally for them.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover