Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's Crocktober- Let's Celebrate!


October is fall
and fall is soup
and soup is the crockpot...
and Crocktober was born.

In honor of Crocktober I am linking all my crockpot recipe posts in one handy-dandy spot... this one right here.

Hearty Ham Soup- just created this yummy recipe earlier this week. The family all declard it a "keeper". I believe it's the addition of extra sharp cheddar cheese to the recipe that makes all the difference.
Crockpot BBQ Ham (this is our traditional Christmas Day ham recipe)
Slowcooker Pot Roast Part 2: Beef-n-Noodles
Slowcooker Ham & Scalloped Potatoes
My Blue Ribbon chili- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
My brother's Crockpot Applesauce recipe that tastes just like the homemade applesauce my Gram use to make
Country Chicken & Dumplings- I add green beans and red pepper to give the recipe pizzazz.
Creamy Beef and Potatoes- a great meat stretching recipe that fills up our family of 5
Super Simple Slowcooked Pork Chops- want an easy make ahead Sunday dinner- this is it.
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff- This delicious recipe got me a spot in an upcoming Gooseberry Patch Cookbook!
Wagner Family Corn Chowder- make it on the stove top or in the crockpot. Soup!
Slowcooker Chicken Cacciatore- depending on appetites, we are often able to squeak a second meal out of this one... at the very least I save and freeze the leftover sauce for fridge soup


Linking to this recipe that I love but isn't mine-- Make Your Own Yogurt in the Crockpot.
Of course, I tweaked the recipe- I use plain Greek yogurt for my starter, whole milk and add 1/4 dry milk to  help thicken it (this recipe is not as thick as store bought).

There's a slew of crockpot yumminess over on my Pinterest boards too.
I'm trying to sort them all into one Pinterest board- and hope to do so this month.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover