Monday, September 10, 2012

His amazing goodness must be tallied

God is so amazingly good to me. I cannot help but sing his praises and tally my thanks to Him on a daily basis. Here in this place, when I am able, I take the time to share some of that outpouring of thanks.

Dear readers- if you have not yet started a thankfuls list- may I urge you to being today? I cannot share enough what a difference writing my daily thanks has done for my attitude and my perspective.
I pray today that God would open your eyes a bit more to all that He has bestowed upon you this day....






I continue to count His endless gifts #1727-1750
The legos strewn around my home in various states of construction- oh, the vividness of my son's imagination
The clutter on that boy's bedroom floor- a reminder of his having fun and again- that wild imagination
That special quiet that comes from waking up before everyone else and meeting up with Him first thing in my morning
Waking up with a song of praise on the tip of my tongue and humming it all the day long
fresh clean towels on the kitchen towel bar
Sharing a cup of coffee with Mr. Steady on a slow starting Saturday morning
A night spent chatting and eating great desserts with far flung family and friends
Meeting my cousin's young son for the very first time- oh those little blonde curls and those dimples!
Sitting around with extended family- sharing stuff and saying "I'll pray about that for you." And knowing I will and knowing they will- isn't that just a special blessing?!
My niece Ree's zerburt kisses- one for each cheek and another for your forehead
That look Mr. Steady gives me from across the room that shows me all I am to him just in his eyes alone and how he simply unravels me and overwhelms my heart with just that look
The reminder in the back of my head and deep in my heart of how close I came to losing him and how I will not waste a day with this man. I will not.
How fun the first two weeks of school have been with my kiddos- the amazing laughter we have shared has been a balm to this mama's tired and worn spirit
How Jesus meets me right where I am- I am never alone
Being able to help in even the smallest of ways to ease another's burdens
Earnest prayer
Cranking up the New TobyMac and rockin' out with my kiddos- in the car, at home- just raisin' the praise because we simply can't not
My Dear Sweet Friend gifting me with brown label stickers- Oh, it may seem silly but oh she knows my taste and when I see those labels on my kitchen jars, I cannot help but think of my sweet friend and thank God for her
Saying "yes" to something that frightens me.... a speaking engagement! To many women! Because He nudges me to do so and then finding out that even after the scary yes, He is very much in charge.... He changes parts of the "yes" on the other end and gives me the "Ah Ha!" That this was His exact plan all along. And the Yes  that is right now- while it is still speaking in front of a lot of women- it is a comfortable with just a teeny bit slightly scary and a whole lot of excited mixed in.
Oh I am thankful I said Yes.
A hug and someone saying to me so sweetly, "I am so glad you are here." - Lord  thanks for the days You have people say that to me- those days when I feel like I'm falling and failing and You, being You, bring me that simple gift of love and acceptance. Help me Lord- to be that person to that someone who needs to hear those words because I know what it means and I want to pass it on.
I am thankful for how you daily carve Your Word into my heart and mind
How my son sits in the other room playing and singing- singing songs of praise-- singing this song and it makes my heart burst


I'm thanking you, God, from a full heart,
I'm writing the book on your wonders.
I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy;
I'm singing your song, High God.
Psalm 9:1-2


4 comments:

  1. What great pictures, and thankfullnesses!

    -Hannah Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brings joy to my heart! Thank you so much for sharing your thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover