Thursday, August 23, 2012

Too many cucumbers! What to do?


On Tuesday my sister and I had the most wonderful impromptu picnic with our kiddos. We pooled our resources and had a fine feast, to which she brought cucumbers in mayo. She rattled off how she made it with vinegar and mayo but without precise measurements. It was a most delicious way to eat cukes and so I decided to do some experimenting myself and here's the yumminess that was created...

Cucumber & Mayo Salad
2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1 tablespoon sugar

Mix together everything but the cucumbers, stirring well (get any lumps out! I like to use a fork for stirring). Slice the cucumbers thinly and add to mayo mixture. Chill for 1 to 2 hours to mingle all the flavors together in yummy wonderfulness, then serve it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover