Thursday, August 30, 2012

My thoughts on a Thursday

Today I'm thinking....


That  this first week of schooling has gone more smoothly than most, certainly more smoothly than last year's infamous first week.

That cucumber & mayo salad is my new favorite way to eat cukes.

That I'm ready for fall... for falling leaves, lovely candles, cooler temps, pumpkins and pumpkin recipes... for the big honkin' air conditioner to be out of the living room window, for sweaters and warm blankets.

That I want to finish those last couple of painting projects.

That I want my front porch back (it's cluttered up)... I want some porch swing sittin' with my man.

That it's time for a different flavored coffee creamer.... spiced pumpkin, perhaps?

How much I love it that Ms. Books has taken to reading to Mr. Conductor at bedtime- it's become their thing. They're reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe right now. He discusses it with me over breakfast in the mornings.

and wondering... did I put the darks in the dryer? And if I didn't should I hang them on the line?

That I'm in serious like of the regular ol' ordinary font Helvetica.

That I'll make pumpkin cranberry muffins tomorrow.

If that will be too much pumpkin since I want to make my favorite pumpkin waffles.... 

And- I'm really thinking on and pondering and chewing on these verses from my morning quiet time....
The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.
2 Corinthians 10:3-6

I'm thinkin' that's good stuff right there. Yup.

2 comments:

  1. mmm, love pumpkin, I don't think you could really have too much!

    love those sunflowers in your photo, too :)

    we are starting homeschool tomorrow (day after labor day) I am hoping we will have a smooth week, too.

    love the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hen Jen- Hope your first day is wonderful today! Thank you for the kind words; they are greatly appreciated!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover