Thursday, June 7, 2012

Photo glimpse of what we've been up to...

A glimpse of some of our days this week....

We purchased 8 quarts of ruby red Michigan Strawberries (locally grown) and made strawberry freezer jam....


It's so much fun to cook and bake in my brand new kitchen...


Filled 16 various sized pots of this ruby gold....


Baked my Grampa Smith's Honey Oatmeal Bread....
because you need good bread to go with  good jam.


Went on a road trip with my Mama and Sis to Ikea...
Where I saw this set-up and immediately thought of how I could tweak it and make it work for us in our future schoolroom.... Those black brackets with clips will hold little tin buckets full of various writing utensils etc. for each kiddo.
And it's already set-up for three... how serendipitous...


This is my lunch... we ate at Ikea.
I recommend it whole-heartedly.
Herb-crusted whitefish, smashed potatoes and steamed carrots- all for $4.99.
And incredibly delicious as well as thrifty!
Plus the potato and broccoli cake on the upper left- divine!


Idea Alert! Make cloth pennants for a banner and then put it on a curtain rod instead of string...
I do believe I now have a new idea for Mr. Conductor's bedroom curtains.


After Ikea we made a stop at Trader Joe's (we don't have one close by at all...)
And this absolutely divine cupcakery.... called Just Baked.
It was an extremely difficult decision making process...
Oh the absolutely deliciousness of the joint...
I've got more pictures of it y'all... just to remember it by...


I settled on a Grumpy Cake (pictured) and a cherry chocolate cheesecake one...
not just for me.
I totally plan on splitting them with Mr. Steady.
Perhaps not 50-50.... ahem. But I do plan on sharing.... some.

At Trader Joe's a picked up some Vanilla Chai Spiced Coffee...
to make when I'm eating something so decadent as a Grumpy Cake--
to wash it down properly, you know?!

I came home with some wonderful treasures... a little bit of this and that from Ikea to spruce up the house in fun ways... like those ohsovery adorable and practical Kassett DVD boxes.
At $4.99 for 2- I bought 4 ( for 8 total boxes). They quickly found a home in the living room bookcase, carefully hiding and organizing DVDs.
Got a tabletop lazy susan too for eight bucks. Mr. Conductor has already tried to spin the condiments right off the table... I may end up moving it to the craft spot...
Can't wait to show you what I did with my treasures... just wish I'd thought to take before pictures to show y'all.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover