Monday, June 11, 2012

Gratitude... me and my boy go on a date

God is so good all the time… I just can’t capture all that goodness that He hides in just a single day… but I can capture small pieces and those serve to remind me… 









1599-1621
Lord Thank You for these gifts….
A surprise adventure with Mr. Conductor--- a Mama & Son date!
Just the two of us going to our favorite drive-in root beer stand where you order from your car and they still clip the tray to your window
The boy pushing the buttons and doing the ordering
Him sitting all tall in the front seat beside me- jawin' about life and family and his dreams and ideas
Just us two... sharing a basket of fries and feeling the breeze through the car windows and watching the world go by... this mama scooping up those moments--- snapping pictures with the camera of my mama mind and storing them in my mama heart.... someday this little boy will be a man....
Collecting coupons with each gallon of homemade root beer we purchase... 10 coupons=1 free gallon of root beer... from our summer bucket list
Crossing more projects of the home renovation to-do list
Creating a weekly to-do fun list from our summer bucket list
The girls and I making homemade strawberry freezer jam
and homemade bread
and our favorite shortcake recipe
a super fun girls trip with my mama and sister and niece
Shuffling menu plan ideas to work with different schedules
Ms. Books starting drivers training
The garden is sprouting!
Watering together as a family
Watering with the girls in the cool of late evening while Mr. C runs rampant catching fire flies
Giggles heard in the dark through the mist of the watering hose
Homemade bug boxes
Sitting in the cool dark evening on the porch swing... by myself or with my kiddos but especially with Mr. Steady
Oil for the old oil lamp
Thunderstorms are coming
Busy hands-- folding laundry while watching an old TV show together in the cool living room during the heat of the day



2 comments:

  1. I love how your pictures capture the beauty of everyday. All those little yet big moments that create a life and leave the most meaningful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind encouragement. Since I started writing out my thankfuls, God opened my eyes to see better the beauty in my every day.... I'd love to carry my camera with me everywhere... and I often do!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover