Monday, June 4, 2012

Cure for Campfire Hair


I love camping.
I have even rustic camped.
I have camped without running water and electricity.
I have camped under the stars with just a tarp underneath my sleeping bag.

I love camping.
To be honest, I love camping best in a camper with running water and flushing toilets and plug-ins, heaters, fans and light switches.

What I don't love- the aftermath....
Coming home.
Unloading.
The funky smells.

We went camping twice this past week and spent a lot of time around campfires. The wind whipped a lot the other nite and stirred up smoke and ash....we came home reeking of smoke. Through and through.
I figured out how to de-stinkify our clothes.... but we needed a remedy for our hair.

Usually this means the girls and I wash our hair at least twice to get the stink out but this time- we dared to be different.
We shampooed and then used an apple cider vinegar mixture instead of conditioner. Mix 1/4 cup vinegar to 1 cup water in a squeeze bottle (shake well) and apply it to your hair. Let it sit a bit (this is when we wash our faces using Kiss My Face's Olive Oil Bar Soap) then rinse out.
At first I thought I still smelled smoke in my hair, but Mr. Steady assured me my sense of smell was off because It smelled just fine. Clean.
Smelled fine, not smokey. Not vinegary.
Just fine. Clean.
Boo-yah!






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover