Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Project Tuesday: Washi Tape Bulldog Clips


Recently I purchased some washi tape...  because it was just too stinkin' cute to pass up. I bought it to use in  the journal I made a couple of months ago. While going through some stuff a couple of weeks ago I found these boxes of bulldog clips that I had purchased with the idea of decorating with fabric (pinterest idea). Well, the way life's goin' by lately, I'm not going to get to covering them in fabric.
Covering them in washi tape was so much faster, less perfectionistic and the kicker- immediate gratification.


Supplies Needed:
1 box 1 1/4 in bulldog clips
1 box 2 inch bulldog clips
Assorted washi tape
Scissors
ruler (optional)

My boxes of clips were purchased at Wal-mart ($1.88 for 4 pack of 2 in clips and $1.37 for 12 pack of 1 1/4 in clips). I picked up my washi tape here.


This tutorial is super easy- I didn't measure to cut the tape the first couple of times- just eye balled a piece, cut it off and stuck it on. After the first two tries, I figured out the approximate right length and didn't waste much (I stuck the leftovers from the first two slices in my journal).

This project isn't about perfection either. I decided right away to overlap my pieces and just be creative.
So I did.
The first one (above) the tape is applied vertically.
The one below, horizontally.


I found myself seriously smitten with the measuring tape and used it the most. It showed up the best on the black clips too. I thought about spray painting the clips white to make the tape stand out more but I was all for easy-peasy and immediate gratification.


The whole project took less than half an hour and now I have a wonderful assortment 
of beautified clips for all my paper organizing needs.

I estimate this entire project cost about $4.
And made 16 stinkin' cute clips.

Tip Junkie handmade projects





3 comments:

  1. So fun! They look so much better than the plain, black clips! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=4459 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I'll head over and do that right now!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover