Monday, May 21, 2012

The Plan B go to: Easy Chicken Parmesan


I am a big fan of simple easy to prepare meals for Sunday Dinner.
I love my crockpot and use it most Sundays. If I’m not using my crockpot for dinner, I’m choosing a recipe that takes approximately 20 minutes to cook and will try to have any necessary prep work done the night before or in the morning before church. We strive to make our Sundays as relaxing as possible.
This is one of what I call my Plan B recipes. Its a quick, no prep, on-hand ingredients, from oven to table in 15 minutes recipe. This is the recipe you use when you're short on time,  temper and talent.
I spent 3 days at a regional youth conference and I knew I wouldn't be getting up early on Sunday morning to prep the crockpot, nor would I be in the right frame of mind to do it the night before. So I brought out Plan B.
What a sanity saver.



Easy Chicken Parmesan
6 frozen breaded chicken patties
6 slices fresh mozzarella
Favorite jar of Spaghetti Sauce
-- cook chicken patties in oven according to directions on package. Next, place 1 slices of cheese on each patty and cook in oven broiler for two minutes or until cheese is melted and ever so slightly browned. While patties are in broiler, heat approximately 1- 1.5 cup of spaghetti sauce.  Place cheese covered patties on individual plates and pour desired amount of sauce on top. 
Serve with steamed veggies or a crisp green salad.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Now that the days are getting hotter and lasting longer :-) I'm trying to find easier recipes to keep me out of the kitchen. I think even I can manage this one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to make it even easier, put cold sauce on chicken, then mozzarella and cook until cheese is brown/melted. Remove a step and no pot to wash! (I always have sauce on the stove anyway because I make pasta on the side, but if you only need sauce for the chicken, this makes it even easier)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria- Thanks for the tip! And now you've got me to thinking that pasta on the side would be yummy!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover