Monday, May 7, 2012

Menu Plan Lovin'


The Yellow Farmhouse Weekly Menu Plan
for May 6th through 13th

Notes: Once again I am  beyond thankful for my menu plan. My seasonal allergies knocked me down this past weekend. And I mean d-o-w-n. Because my menu plan was written weeks ago, the groceries were already purchased and because the groceries were already purchased, we had all the ingredients for good home cookin’. Even if the home cookin’ wasn’t being done by mama. The kiddos and Mr. Steady stepped up and filled in for me. Everyone remained well fed and happy.
Another wonderful thing- Yogurt smoothies when your throat is raw from sinusitis and your taste buds are out of wack- this is a wonderful thing.  Which leads me to being thankful for things that go wrong- like a batch of homemade yogurt I made a couple of months ago that was way to liquidy for regular consumption, so much so (and with me not wanting to waste) that I froze it in ice cube trays instead. Which I then tossed in individual freezer bags with pieces of frozen fruit for grab and go smoothies. Oh, thank you Lord for yogurt smoothies on sore throats.
Monday
Breakfast:  homemade yogurt with brown sugar and granola
Lunch:  diner dinner
Dinner:  Bologna burgers, chips-n-dip, dill pickle spears
Tuesday
Breakfast:   Yogurt smoothies
Lunch:  French bread pizzas
Dinner:  Aunt Florence’s casserole, steamed veggies
Wednesday
Breakfast:  choice: cereal or yogurt, toast and/or fruit
Lunch:  Diner Dinner
Dinner:  Crockpot BBQ Ham, mashed potatoes, steamed corn
Thursday
Breakfast:  homemade yogurt with fruit and granola
Lunch:  nachos
Dinner:  Peppy Mac, greens salad
Friday
Breakfast:  Chocolate chip sour cream muffins, fruit

Lunch:  Diner Dinner
Dinner:  Daddy Donalds with Mama fries
Saturday 
Breakfast:  Daddy Cook! Eggs, bacon, toast
Lunch: Leftover Smorgasbord
Dinner:  Leftover Smorgasbord or cooking out over the campfire (hot dogs & smores!)
Sunday – Mother’s Day
Breakfast: Special Mama breakfast in bed courtesy of Mr. Steady and 3 kiddos.
Lunch:  Cook-out (not sure what I’m bringing)
Dinner: lunch leftovers
Beverages for the week:
Milk, Water, tea, coffee, Lemonade, cranberry-pomegranate juice
Snacks for the week:
Cookies, fresh fruit- strawberries & apples, popcorn, homemade honey oatmeal bread, muffins, trail mix
 Desserts for the week:
Ice cream sundaes, iced monkey bread, choco-banana milk shakes

Past menu plans: click here. Other's menu plans: click here
Linking to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

  1. Tried your "Curly Noodle Supper" tonight and we LOVED it!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will be making again! Hope your week is a good one!
    Linda
    diamondk410@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover