Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Found: From caterpillar to butterfly


With Spring springing so early, there's something new outside each morning. My oldest, Ms. Books, loves to grab the camera and run out into the morning light to capture images such as this.

When she showed me this gorgeous photo it reminded me of this quote:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over,
it became a butterfly.

My sister painted that quote for me when I needed the reminder the most. I was the caterpillar who thought it was dying in the midst of some seriously difficult circumstances....

This butterfly and this budding lilac remind me that just when I thought things were at their worst, God was orchestrating His best for me. I emerged from the difficult cocoon of painful circumstances into a new place- a new, stronger woman with a deepening faith. I emerged with wings to fly. And fly I did- into some wonderful blessings that not only changed my difficult circumstances but also healed my wounds from those circumstances. God is so amazingly good it astounds me.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord.
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Love this! What a wonderful metaphor for life.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover