Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hard Days His Strength


Mama days...
Those days when I'm trying to be everything to everyone
and I feel rushed and under pressure
fading fast and failing to meet expectations.
Hard days.
Mama days use to bring me to the end of me quickly and dissolve me into an ugly mess of mad mom and waffling whiner. Not to mention I have, in the not so distant past, planned some extravagant pity parties.
But not today.
When I woke this morning I knew I wasn't gonna make it through this day on my own strength.
So why even start using it?
That's right. Not gonna put all my strength into making things work today.
Nope.
I skipped that part and went right to the good Lord and asked Him to be my strength today.
"Lord, I don't want to go at this today on my own strength. I don't want to ask you for more strength. I just want you to be my strength."
And you know what?
He is.
All. The. Day. Long.
He's met me each moment.
The hard stuff still hasn't been easy but because of Him the burdens are all things I am able to stand up under.
I know my days won't always be like this... because I'm me, there will be days when I choose to go at it full steam ahead under my own strength... I'll crash and burn and bemoan the waste of my day.
I pray though, that those days will not be the norm.
That instead hard days with Jesus' strength like today will be my new normal.
So I jot this down in my journal and date it.
Hoping to tote up a pretty little column of dates of hard days gotten thru on His strength
and not mine.

Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover