Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Frugal Fashionista in training

According to Ms. Books I have become "quite the frugal fashionista".
So much so that she has persuaded me to join in The Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesdays linky party.
This is so way out of my comfort zone. But she's a good nudger.
And she volunteered to be my photographer.
She believes it will be good for me. She likes the concept behind the linky party and thinks I may need the accountability to not fall back on jeans and a t-shirt every. single. day.

Being a stay at home mom and a homeschooler has made it super easy to fall into the jeans and Ts category. I had not yet slid into the wearing-my-pjs-all-day mode... but I knew I was in a frump slump. I think it really hit me right before my birthday this year... I needed to step up my game. 
I started slow- challenged myself to wearing "something nice" at least twice a week, not counting Sundays (which was previously the only day of the week I'd dress up). Now I'm down to grabbing my old faded jeans and t-shirt once or twice a week. 
And I'm finding my own funky style. Which thrills me. It's about time!


Top: had for a few years from ?
Cardigan: from Goodwill [GW]
Jeans: 9 West from GW
Posey Pin: Made by me
Shoes: LL Bean grey flannel mary janes from GW
Love Mercy Bracelet: From Mercy House
Button bracelet: from a booth at the Country Living Fair


White Tank: Meijer
Lavender Tank: Old Navy years ago
Cardigan: GW
Jeans: GW
Black flats: Wal-mart
Nest Necklace: Made for me by Ms. Books
Love Mercy Bracelet: Mercy House (see above)

Hmmm. I'm thinking a skinny belt would have made this outfit look more pulled together- especially if the belt was purple! I don't have one but I've made a note to be on the look out. And I should have paired another bigger posey pin on the cardi. While I thought it went together nicely when I planned it out last nite- looking at this picture makes me think I've got a wimpy carnation pinned to my "lapel". See? I'm learning something already. I also didn't notice my tank had come untucked and really, I didn't want to go thru this whole photo taking process with Ms. Books again.... comfort zone issues...

pleated poppy

1 comment:

  1. Next time, lovely lady, look at the camera and SMILE. :)

    I love jeans, tanks, cardigans, and scarves. You dress like me (a 20-year-old college student, so I THINK that's a good thing! ;) )!

    Keep it up. And tell Ms. Books way to go with the camera.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover