Monday, February 6, 2012

First Full Week of February Meal Plan


The Yellow Farmhouse Weekly Menu Plan
for February 6th  thru 12th
  
Notes: Last week’s menu got a little topsy-turvy, so you may notice a couple of reposts on recipes. This is another thing I just love about menu planning- I can tweak and reorganize as needed. We had friends over for supper last week so I substituted a “fancier” meal I felt was better suited for our guests for the more “humble comfort food meal” originally planned. I also flipped this week’s Sunday dinner for last week as I worked much better in our crazy schedule {rotisserie chicken picked up at the local deli alongside Mr. Steady’s skillet potatoes and some  glorious homegrown green beans}. 

I also made homemade yogurt again as well as my very first ever batch of homemade granola. The kiddos and I are loving it- eating it for breakfasts and snacks. Mr. Steady likes the granola with milk as a breakfast cereal. At this rate, I’ll be needing to make more soon.

Monday
Breakfast:  Homemade yogurt with peaches and granola, toast
Lunch:  Diner Dinner
Dinner:  Open faced chicken sandwiches, steamed veggies
Sandwiches: homemade herb bread topped with homemade mashed potatoes, shredded chicken and gravy
Tuesday
Breakfast:   Homemade oatmeal with blueberries, toast
Lunch:  Split pea with ham soup, sandwiches
Wednesday – Breakfast for supper
Breakfast:  Homemade yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, toast
Lunch: chicken, bacon, cheese quesadillas
Dinner:  Hamburger cream gravy on toast, steamed veggies
Thursday - Breakfast for supper
Breakfast:  Homemade yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, toast
Lunch:  Diner Dinner
Dinner:  Sour Cream Blueberry pancakes, sausage
Friday
Breakfast:  Cold cereal, toast, fruit or yogurt smoothies
Lunch:  Homeschool Group Potluck- Bringing: 2 loaves homemade bread
Dinner:  Chicken fingers with country gravy dipping sauce, home fries, homemade bread
Saturday 
Breakfast:  Daddy Cook (eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast)
Lunch: Leftover Smorgasbord
Dinner:  Dinner @ church
Sunday
Breakfast: Coco Wheats w/dried cherries, toast
Lunch:  Crockpot: Sour Cream Chicken, steamed veggies, homemade bread
Dinner: nachos, cereal (if late), or other leftovers
Beverages for the week:
Milk, Water, tea, coffee, hot cocoa, Lemonade
Snacks for the week:
Cookies, fresh fruit- clementines & apples & peaches, cinnamon cranberry bread, popcorn, cheese & crackers, hot mushroom dip & crackers, yogurt w/granola
Desserts this week:
 Brownies, root beer floats, choco-banana milk shakes
Past menu plans: click here. Other's menu plans: click here
Linking to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I should totally make granola this week; I have everything on hand. My mom made it very regularly when I was little and we love it. Homemade yogurt! What recipe do you use? I've been wanting to try that. More-With-Less has a slow-cooker yogurt recipe...I'm just a little wary.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover