Monday, January 16, 2012

Plotting dinners, Pinterest and New Recipes


The Yellow Farmhouse Weekly Menu Plan
for January 16th through 22nd
  
 Notes: Late last week, I was able to sit down with my coffee and my menu planning paraphernalia and plot out at least our dinners all the way through March 4th. That's seven weeks of planning! That means I'll be able to look ahead at sales for upcoming recipes plus it was quite useful on our big shopping trip to the Amish bulk store this past Saturday. I've incorporated some new recipes from Pinterest and my latest Gooseberry Patch Cookbook, which excites me as I hate getting in a menu planning rut and serving the "same ol', same old."
Monday
Breakfast:  Mama’s cheesy scrambled eggs, toast
Lunch: Diner Dinner
Dinner:  Three Cheese Pasta Bake [from Pinterest], homemade garlic bread, steamed green beans


Tuesday
Breakfast:   Homemade yogurt with fresh fruit, toast
Lunch:  Diner Dinner (lots of leftovers here)
Dinner:  Hearty Squash casserole, homemade bread
[I love recipes that use up the squash I have frozen and stacked in the freezer!]

Wednesday
Breakfast:  Homemade oatmeal with blueberries, toast
Lunch: Ravioli, homemade bread
Dinner: Crockpot: Corn Chowder with bacon, homemade bread
Thursday
Breakfast:  Fruit and yogurt smoothies, toast
Lunch:  Cups of yesterday's soup, toasted homemade bread
Dinner:  Santa Fe Casserole, greens salad
Friday
Breakfast:  Raspberry Yogurt Muffins (new recipe), clementines or applesauce
here's a muffin recipe- not the one I'm using but similar- will post mine after we've tried it!
Lunch:  Diner Dinner
Dinner:  Pacos [Taco fixings on baked potatoes- don't forget the salsa!]
Saturday 
Breakfast:  Daddy Cook (eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast)
Lunch: Helping friends move- potluck lunch: bringing pickles, chips, brownies
Dinner:  Leftover Smorgasbord
Sunday
Breakfast: Coco Wheats w/dried cherries, toast
Lunch:  Crockpot: Chicken and Dumplings, greens salad (should have had last week but didn't)
Dinner: nachos, cereal (if late), or other leftovers
Beverages for the week:
Milk, Water, tea, coffee, hot cocoa, Lemonade
Snacks for the week:
Cookies, fresh fruit- clementines & bananas & pineapple, toast & homemade jam, popcorn, muffins, goat cheese and crackers, hard-boiled eggs
Desserts this week:
 Monkey bread, Sundaes and banana splits!

Past menu plans: click here. Other's menu plans: click here
Linking to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

  1. Too organized! (I mean I wish I was that organized) Unfortunately we got ourselves into a menu planning rut and were cycling through the same ol' meals/recipes. So we quit the practice rather then try to build on and improve it. But we are wiser from the experience.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover