Friday, January 27, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal- Super Great Week!



In our homeschool this week…
What an amazing week it has been. School was just "clicking" for everyone. Each and every single day was awesome for each and every single one of us. Wah-hoo! I know these types of weeks are rare gifts so I am treasuring and squeezing the goodness out of every single moment.
*heartfelt sigh inserted here*

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I love this planner. It keeps me organized. And happy.

My favorite thing this week was…
Everyone finished their full day's work by lunch time. Every. Day.

What’s working/not working for us…
Doing every single science experiment for Zoology 2.


It just wasn't working out and it was stressing me out. We do the ones we can and I let go of the rest. I'm learning to be okay with that. I really didn't want to give up a bunch of my Crisco for that blubber experiment.... and so I didn't.
A friend reminded me that in public school we were lucky to do four actual experiments a school year. Armed with that reminder I am giddily ahead of the game.
Cool.


Questions/thoughts I have…
Does  the two years required for foreign language study have to be the same language or can it be two different languages? Hmm.

Things I’m working on…
I created this artwork this week. I'm pretty geeked about it.
I'm also working on my curriculum order for the next school year... I know, I know- its way early but we've gotta budget for it so I need to know how much I need....

I’m reading…


Grace for the Good Girl. Yes, still. I keep re-reading and I haven't even finished yet. So much to think on that I keep going back.


I’m cooking…
This incredibly yummy bread. Loaves and loaves of it. Everyone likes it.

I’m grateful for…
The super great school week we just had.
And my Gratefuls list continues...

I’m praying for…
Another super great school week.
And for this.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I have decided that Mr. Conductor has a Lego Building class for an elective. This justifies the copious amounts of Lego projects strewn hither and yon in my house.
And he's getting an A in it.
He's quite imaginative.
This is his latest plane- complete with swiveling rear gun turret. Top gun and blue lasers on the propellers.
And as he pointed out,  "four bomb-droppers per side".
See what I mean?

4 comments:

  1. Love weeks like that! And I think my son should also have a Lego building class as an elective. Great thinking! :-)

    Stopping by from THMJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the days that school work gets done before noon, that doesn't happen often at our house anymore though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we haven't done all the experiments in the the Apologia books. We do what I have supplies for and skip the others...or I find other activities to do (such as what I find on-line). (We REALLY REALLY need to get back to Astronomy! We've skipped 2 weeks now! Oops!)

    And yes, for high school Foreign Language to meet college requirements it's usually 2-3 years of the same language.

    Oh, and we strived for getting school completed before noon this past week. It required an overhaul of bedtimes, wake ups and focus reminders! ;) And still the oldest went over until about 1:00 each day. Still good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one in high school and his science experiments totally stress me out, so I don't even bother to look at the ones in the Elementary Apologia books. We do use the notebooks, but that is it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover