Friday, January 13, 2012

5 Minute Friday: Awake


Joining 5 Minute Friday with Gypsy Mama today....
Stop. Drop. Write.
Guidelines here.
Today's word:

Awake
At 5:30 am on a day I get to sleep in.
The bed is warm and the room is not.
I opt for burrowing deeper under the covers... right up to my nose.
My mind speeds up instead of slowing down to drift back to sleep.
Playing back scenarios I wish I would have handled differently.
Things I forgot to do.
Things I need to do.
The grocery list....
There is only one way to quite my overactive mind when its 6 am and I've missed a precious half hour of sleep...
Prayer.
I begin with praises... hailing Him for who He is.
Move on to my thankfuls... this goes on awhile and sometimes I fall back to sleep here and other times the thankfuls remind me of the
Petitions.
Needs- we have so many and know so many with so many more... needs.
My mind drifts here and I usually fall back to sleep.
A good sleep.
That makes up for that missed hour when I woke up.
Or was it God waking me?
Hmm.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to utilize the interruption of slumber. Ooooh, that's such an easy time to grumble and complain, but to turn it into a time of grateful relating with the very One who may have indeed awakened you... just so He could spend a little time with you... Precious! ~De / Carpe Vas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of prayers, thankfulness and petition as a means of calming the mind to return to sleep. That is much better than whirling through the endless list of must do's and should have dones. I will give that a whirl next time I find myself awake in the middle of the night! Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover