Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: Trusting Wholeheartedly

2010 was about Abiding
2011 was FRESH JOY

2012... What will your Word of the Year be?

Oh yes, I've known it for a few weeks now... it's been percolating right under all that fresh, sweet joy...
Trust.
2012 is about trusting God with my big stuff and my lil' bitty stuff. My in between and my "why would you even think to worry about that" stuff.
Trusting God with...
My plans.
My heart.
My home.
My school.
My marriage.
My family.
My everything.


Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

It's not about me understanding all that is in front on me in this coming year.
It's about me trusting Him with ALL my heart that His ways are the best ways. His paths are the ones me and mine will choose to walk no matter how narrow or steep or overgrown those paths might be.


May the God of hope fill you with all joy
and peace as you trust in Him, so that you
may overflow with hope by the power of
the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Hope, joy, peace... yours to be filled... as you trust.
And then you'll overflow.
Oh, be still my giddy heart.
We have such plans for 2012... but they all take a backseat to God's desires and His perfect timing. 
God has used 2011 to prep us for what He's got coming in 2012. I'm sure there will be hard times, difficulties and I'll lose my temper a bit and my patience a bit more as things go along...
No matter what-- I will praise Him and place my trust in Him and His goodness, His grace and His mercy.
Can't wait to see what He'll do with it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover