Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Versatile... blogs and rabbit trails

My number one reason for blogging is my need to write. I simply MUST write.
However- I will be the first to admit it is always a joy to find someone loves to read what I write.
It never ceases to surprise me either... and so it was with great surprise that I found another dear Amy had nominated me for The Versatile Blogger award
Thank you Amy!

In accepting the award I am to share seven unique things about myself and nominate seven other blogs I personally find versatile.

7 Unique things about me...
1. We bought a blue ray player for the express purpose of watching Netflix. Our whole family is hooked on old TV shows such as The Andy Griffith Show and ahem, The Dukes of Hazzard. Yeah, we're eclectic like that.
2. I am left-handed through and through with only one exception- I learned to knit right handed. Everything else is lefty and that's just how I like it.
3. I take joy in being different, slightly off kilter, half a bubble off plumb and slightly nutty. Oh, yes, I pretty much march to the beat of a different drummer....
4. Once upon a time not so long ago, I took my oldest, Ms. Books, and her bff to a local big box grocery store, let them walk a bit ahead of me, pulled plastic "bubba teeth" out of my purse (that I'd been hoarding there for just such an occasion), slipped the teeth in and called out to the girls- "Hey, Girlth Wait Fer Me!" I may or may not have completed the look with a slight limp and an eye twitch... Oh the joys of finally reaching the stage where I can now embarrass my children instead of the other way around.
5. I homeschool. And belong to a small Christian homeschool group that meets at my church... and am known by the children as Nutty Mrs. Amy... one has to wonder how kids come up with these knicknames....
6. I filled up well over half of my computer's memory with photos. Seriously.
7. Not only do I love Love LOVE Pinterest and am a pinning fool... I actually, really truly put many of those ideas to use, have made some of the projects and have found it to be a great resource for home improvement projects and how to's...

7 Blogs I personally find versatile...
1. SouleMama- I love Amanda's photos. I love her descriptions of farm family life.
2. The Homespun Heart- Monica's sweet heart comes through in every post. I love how she shares her crafts, schooling, mothering and more.
3. Flower Patch Farmgirl- I started reading Shannon's blog earlier this year and just had to dig into her archives to read more. I love that she is real through and through. She dares to be different. And different is good. Very good.
4. The Whimsical Bee- This is my Sis. Nepotism? Nah. She's good. I love her thinking process. She needs to post more often but I'll give her some slack as she's the mama of a toddler and I am not so far removed from those years that I can't remember ever so slightly what life was like... as in "not my own."
5. The Frugal Girl- She loves Aldi and all things frugal just like me. 'Nuff said.
6. See Jamie Blog- Homeschooling, great pictures, prayers for her hubby, real sharing of family life...
7.  Oh please forgive me... I simply cannot think of another one right now and I so want to finish this post... which I started hours ago before getting sidetracked by life- laundry, photo ops, Lego jousting matches, a stop to watch a silly cartoon with the kiddos, lunch, writing a quick grocery list, a couple of phone calls, some bill paying, some blog reading...
One of my tricks to being versatile is that I am so quick to rabbit trail... one thing leading to another and another and another....

Thank you most sincerely Amy of Simply Necessary for this nomination.
You are too, too kind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover