Thursday, December 1, 2011

My favorite Crockpot Chili- Blue Ribbon Worthy

This has to be my hands down favorite chili. I was given the original recipe by a friend and have tweaked it just a tad. I think this is one of my most requested recipes. I won a ribbon for "beaniest" chili at a chili cook-off with this recipe! I love to serve this with my favorite cornbread (recipe right here).

White Chicken Chili
1 lrg. Jar Northern Beans (or 2 cans)
1/2 jar water (from beans- helps to rinse it out)
1 jar Salsa (11.5 oz)
4 chicken breast cooked & shredded **
8 oz. shredded cheese (either cheddar or co-jack)
Place all ingredients in the crockpot, stir and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Optional: Dollop of sour cream in each bowl of chili!
** Here's how I cook up my chicken: I place frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot in the morning, add a little water to the bottom and toss in a few spices of my choosing and set it to high for 3 hours. This usually makes the chicken pull apart quite easy with a couple of forks. However- I just learned this new trick on Pinterest:




Place the still warm chicken in your Kitchen Aid and beat at medium speed with the paddle attachment for about 20 seconds- Voila! Shredded Chicken!
I have noted the cost of this recipe on my recipe card to be around $8.00.
Double this recipe to feed over a dozen people. Great for a winter get-together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover