Saturday, December 31, 2011

Joy Unspeakable- Counting on God- My 2011



And so we come to the close of 2011.
My YEAR OF FRESH JOY.
I am fairly giddy as I look back on this year... 2011... and how God time and time and time again showed me, taught me and gave me FRESH JOY.
Here I sit at 38 years of age and now I have begun to really practice Philippians 4:4-- Rejoicing Always.
This year God has most assuredly shown me time and time again that my joy is not dictated by my circumstances-- not limited to what is going on around me-- not gauged by the amount of stress in or not in my life or measured by the length of depth of my current trials or woes...
It simply comes from a deepening daily relationship with Him and letting go of mostly everything else... or shall I continually working on letting go... it remains a process for me.
My 2011 was chock-full of FRESH JOY moments-- moments to learn, to embrace it, practice it... from Grandma's passing to our house being painted
God has most amazingly shifted my perspective this year. He has taught me to search for the glimmers of new --FRESH-- joy in whatever circumstances I am in...
While I am still sometimes slow on the uptake, I see so much more clearly.
2011 was a year of abundant blessings as well as some trying trials. My life hasn't been perfect by any means-- I haven't suffered greater or less than years pass but somehow those suffering times just didn't linger as long inside me. The dark wasn't ever altogether dark, always a bit of light at the very edges-- always something to hold on to...
I am humming... I'm singing... I'm dancing...
Joy Unspeakable that won't go away
Just enough strength to live for today
So I'll never have to worry what tomorrow may bring
'Cuz my faith is on the solid rock and
I'm counting on God!


Sing it with me- click it!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover