Thursday, December 1, 2011

Can't have chili without Cornbread

You just can't have a yummilicious pot of chili without an amazing cornbread to go with it.
I've made lots of cornbread recipes over the years hunting for just the right one.
I've made the box mixes, bread machine recipes, cornbread muffins, cornbread in loaf pans and on and on.
And then I found it!
Right in the midst of my favorite cookbook I found it.
Here it is.... from Gooseberry Patch's Dinners on a Dime


Friendship Cornbread
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cup biscuit baking mix
2 Tbsp. cornmeal
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup butter, melted
Stir all ingredients together and pour into an ungreased 13"x9" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.... oh you must serve this warm in all its crumbling goodness- eat it right over your chili bowl so all those delicious crumbs fall in and are not wasted!
Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Side Note: I like to bake this in my Pampered Chef 13"x9" stone pan which means it needs to be cooked about 5 or so minutes longer- say 35 minutes. I love the texture I get and overall doneness from this stone pan. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover