Monday, December 12, 2011

Call it Crockpot, Call it Slow Cooker- I love it Dearly.

Our homeschool group is having a special Christmas Party potluck this Friday and I was asked to help supply the main dish- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham....
Ahem, this is a dish I just don't make very often at all. I don't know why- its one of those take-it or leave-it main dishes for me... I looked through my recipe binder and found this wonderful recipe for the Crockpot or slow cooker or whatever you like to call it... I think I could call it my best friend on Sundays.

Slow Cooker Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
6-8 slices ham, cubed
8-10 medium potatoes thinly sliced
1 onion, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
Paprika to taste
--- Layer half of each in this order: ham, potatoes and onions-- in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese. Repeat layers one more time with rest of ham, potatoes and onion.
Spoon soup over top and sprinkle with paprika.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 hours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover