Monday, December 12, 2011

Beauty, traditions, prayer, real hope and steadiness


God is so good all the time… I just can’t capture all that goodness that He hides in just a single day… but I can capture small pieces and those serve to remind me…








1157-1180
Lord Thank You for these gifts….

Real Christmas trees put up by strong husbands who also string the lights on the prickly tree
The beautiful smell of that real tree
Family traditions…
And hearing my children say how they look forward to sharing these same traditions with their children some day
Children who think to pray first before panicking- oh how they are teaching me!
A locket found after praying first… and she prays immediately after finding it… locket cupped in her hands, head bowed, face beaming
Ms. Books finished her very first quilt and it’s gorgeous! What talent!
When she sings... its from her heart
How Advent is so real to us this year
Making homemade gifts together
Hearing my children quote scripture that is relevant to our current situation
Finding out my family motto is: I Hope In God.
Knowing He is the best, most real source of Hope
How Mr. Steady steadies me
Feeling him gently kiss the top of my head
My son opening doors for his mom, his sisters, and complete strangers
Saving our change for the Salvation Army buckets
Being able to pay-it-forward even a wee bit
Watching my children sign (ASL) a song- simply beautiful!
Friends who call up wanting to get together then going out of their way to supply all the food because they know your schedule is crazy and they just want to spend real time with you and yours
Passing along a much loved Christmas decoration to a dear friend who you know will love, love, love it
Dinner table conversations
Farm dreams

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos...the tree is spectacular. And what wonderful gifts you have to be grateful for.

    joy & blessings to you,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is perfect.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover