Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh Lord Thank you for these Gifts


God is so good all the time… I just can’t capture all that goodness that He hides in just a single day… but I can capture small pieces and those serve to remind me…
 1117-1140
Lord Thank You for these gifts….

A short-lived cold
School work all done
Big soft hankies for blowing sore noses
Pizza as comfort food
The heated mattress pad on my bed
Thick wool socks
Snuggling under blankets together to read a good book
Family time
An afternoon of craft making with my Dear Sweet Friend
Using up leftovers
Kindly neighbors
A smile from the postman
The girls standing beside me chatting and folding laundry… making a chore not a chore
Praying while I fold their clothes
Hot fudge on ice cream
Treating ourselves to 99 cent ice cream cones while on a stocking up trip to the Amish store
My son’s fun drawings
Notes left for me on the kitchen table from Mr. Steady
A crockpot full of warm soup
A loaf of crusty bread
Knowing it all came from our stores here at home… no shopping needed
Nowhere we need to go in the midst of bad weather
Family board games on the coffee table and all of us sitting on pillows and laughing
The hilarity that is spoken during our school days… oh, how I wouldn’t miss being in the midst of this!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover