Friday, November 11, 2011

and My homeschooling Week



In my life this week...
The crazy chaos continues. We’ve had meetings, activities and errands every. Single. Day. And Night. This. Week. I’m tired.

In our homeschool this week...
We had our monthly art class this week with a friend and local artist. We meet for three days, 2 ½ hours each day. This is our third year of this class and we continue to learn new things. This week we did wood burning projects and worked with acrylics.
This art class really squeezes into our schooling days so we have to scramble to make time for everything- in order to help tame the chaos the girls and I get up ½ an hour earlier the week of art classes. They’re not too fond of that part.

Helpful homeschooling tips and advice to share...
Learn to let go of perfection. I am a list maker and a checker-offer. My goal is for my children's daily school schedules to have little check marks next to each item at the end of each day. This is not my reality right now. I now shoot for 80% checked off and we use every other Friday (the Fridays we don't have homeschool group classes) as a catch up day. This is the day we do all our science experiments for that 2 week period and many of our hands on projects-- because in our homeschool, those are the first two things to go when our schedule is crazy.

My favorite thing this week was…
Mr. Conductor reading to Mr. Steady and I at bedtime. He has been a reluctant reader. I am overjoyed!

Things I’m working on…
My attitude and the family schedule. 
Alongside the crazy schedule, things have been breaking down or not working right... like the water heater overheating and spewing boiling hot water from the safety valve... over 20 gallons of water. On a night we were hoping for an early bedtime for us all. I have decided to praise God no matter what and smile. Smile Big.
As for the schedule- most of it is beyond my control but I can control how I respond to it. I have worked to find 15-20 minute pockets of time where I can slip off to a quiet spot and simply sit. Doing this has made all the difference.

I’m grateful for… EVERYTHING. For God waking me up every morning, for the substance of my days, even for gushing water heaters, broken toasters, lidless crockpots, getting older and dripping ceilings. God is in each day and I will praise Him no matter what. I stand amazed at his overthetop goodness.

A photo, video, link or quote to share:
This is from my Pinterest. We are so gonna try this:
Ivory Soap Cloud made in the microwave


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover