Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dressing up a Family Favorite

My family loves my Peppy Macaroni. My newest version is getting all the raves though. The old one was great and way cheap but the new one has way more flavor according to friends and family. I love how the bacon and onion really enhance the flavor. It tastes like pizza without having to go to all the trouble of making the dough. Prep time from start to finish is 45 minutes.
I also love that this is a super simple recipe to add to my kiddos cooking experiences. I show them how to take a cheap meal, like mac-n-cheese, and jazz it up with some yummy extras to make a delicious dish.


Peppy Mac Redux
1 box macaroni-n-cheese (plus milk & butter to make)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 jar pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
Your favorite pizza toppings: 
ham, pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms, onion, green pepper
--- Prepare mac-n-cheese according to the directions on the box. Fold in eggs. Spread into greased 3 quart casserole dish. Top with pizza sauce. Layer in pepperoni. Top with mozzarella. Toss on your favorite pizza toppings then cover with the cheddar cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Let stand for 5 or so minutes then serve.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover