Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advent: Week of Hope

We began our family Advent devotional on Sunday.
This is the the Week of Hope.
Hope in the Light.
There are some tremendously wonderful verses about hope....
Right away my mind went to Psalm 25:5
Guide me in Your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, 
and my hope is in You all the day long.

Which led us to begin singing this song by Aaron Shust:

The children and I have been singing and humming off and on every day.
And my heart thinks on how putting my hope and trust in God has not proven wrong. Again and again and again He is faithful. He is the Light in my darkness. Even when the darkness threatens to suck out the light- He proves bigger.
The Light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1:5
Even in my darkest dark, He is there. He shines just enough light for me to see the next step and my foot has never landed on shaky ground even when I could not see where it would land.
We speak of Hope this week and we light the Hope candle on our Advent wreath.
We share, as a family, how we can bring hope to the lives of others and we make plans.
Here are some ideas for sharing hope...
Shovel the snow for an elderly or homebound neighbor
Clean the snow and scrape the ice off a neighbor's car
Send a note of encouragement and a verse on hope to someone who needs it
Instead of siblings exchanging gifts... go shopping in the Samaritan's Purse catalog and bring hope to others
Send cards to wounded soldiers:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20307-5001

But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
Psalm 71:14
My Hope is in You Lord.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover