Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yay! Recipe Post... PUMPKIN

I love the change of seasons and fall is a real favorite of mine.
I love to decorate for fall. I love to go hiking in the fall.
And

I love fall cooking.
Oh, its soup and stew and crusty bread weather.
Pumpkins and pies.
I even have a special divider in my recipes binder just for Pumpkin recipes.
Pumpkin chili, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin waffles and this one...
a breakfast favorite.
Especially because you make it the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning.





Overnight Pumpkin French Toast
(a a recipe tweaked from Gooseberry Patch's Autumn in the Country)
1- 15 oz can pumpkin
8 eggs
4 cups milk
1 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 loaf of baggette bread, sliced 1 1/2 inches thick
Garnishes: maple syrup, whipped cream
Place cut bread in lightly greased 13x9 pan. Mix together rest of ingredients and pour the pumpkin mixture over  the bread. Push down bread with a spoon so that the tops of bread is completely covered in the pumpkin mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 30 minutes (check around 25 minutes to make sure your bread is not blackening).
Garnish with maple syrup and/or whipped cream.


This recipe is simply delicious and is a fall favorite in our home. It tastes like pumpkin custard. Serve it with applesauce or this recipe for a seriously filling breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I hope you have some pumpkin in your pantry. My 16 year old wanted to make a pumpkin cheesecake on Sat. I went to our local grocery store, and the produce manager told me I won't find pumpkin in any store anywhere on the east coast due to a pumpkin shortage. Because she knows my daughter, she did scoop out 15 oz. from one of the industrial size cans they use for baking store products and gave it to me.
    I have since checked WalMart, Target, and 3 other grocery stores. No pumpkin anywhere. I have to find some before Tgiving because oldest daughter's bday is that week and she ALWAYS asks for a pumpkin pie with candles instead of a cake. Ugh.
    Lynne in MD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover