Thursday, September 29, 2011

Showers of Blessings raining down on me


I haven’t posted in seven days.
My recent absence has not been completely intentional.
Mr. Steady's Camper's Skillet Breakfast
First—we went away on a family camping trip… in which it rained every day but we laughed and had so much fun. One of those rare trips when what goes wrong is the most memorable part.
But that isn’t the main reason for my non-posting.
Neither is the seven loads of dirty, smoky wet laundry I brought home with me.
Or the fact that we’ve been cramming a whole week of school into 3 days…
It’s what we came home to find that has left me speechless and overwhelmed and unable to write.
Because mere words cannot do it justice.
Upon arriving home from our trip, we pulled around the corner to our home and found our friends there.
That was nice.
And scaffolding along the side of my house.
That was strange.
Then it hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks…. Our friends had been scraping and priming and painting our yellow behemoth of a house while we were camp-frolicking.
scraped and primed

Have you ever watched Extreme Makeover and seen the look on people’s faces when the bus is moved and they see their house?
That was my face.
I cried.
And cried some more and more and a few times more as the evening wound down.
Yes, I know they're not finished but the simple fact that they have done this, thought to do this astounds me.
The plan had been in the works for weeks and weeks and it wasn’t just our friends… oh, no- it was our church family.
Our church family.
Our dear friend and Jr. High Sunday School teacher scammed me to find out paint color, got my parents okey-dokey on how we’d feel about it and worked tirelessly to rally volunteers to paint and donate and make food….
All for us.
Us.
Our church family donated time, talents, food, took days off of work…
For us.
Oh my heart is near to bursting. We came home 2 days ago and still I cry as I think on it and try to write this here. We have been on the giving side of things numerous times but never, in my recollection, have we been on such a large-scale receiving end. Again, I just can’t put into the proper words what I feel… to be shown such loving kindness. My gratitude doesn’t seem to do it justice. I just don’t know how to respond but to give a watery smile and say thank you with all my heart. Thank you.
If ever I once considered to doubt it—I will do so no longer.

We are most assuredly overthetop
blessed beyond all imagining.

God is good.
ALL
The
Time

I will bless my people and their homes around my holy hill. 
And in the proper season I will send the showers they need. 
There will be showers of blessings.
Ezekiel 34:26 NLT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover