Thursday, August 18, 2011

Learning the unforced rhythms

Been contemplating GRACE  a lot lately...
reading about it
journaling in the quiet about it
praying about it
pondering it
What it really means to live a life full of grace...
to give grace
and receive grace.
Oh, yes, receive grace... that's the sticking point isn't it?
At least for me it is.
I so often feel so very unworthy of grace and when its extended to me I fumble something fierce and blow it off and I miss out...
I miss out on the real deep washing.... renewing that Grace gives...
Such grace, such kindness... touching my heart... it most assuredly undoes me at times...
I'm pondering...
grace flowing... overflowing... overwhelming...
filling me up to spillingoverness
stuff that's gotta be shared...


Here are some of the verses I've been jotting down and tucking in my pocket to think on daily...
From Isaiah 30-
Cry for help and you'll find it's grace and more grace.
The moment he hears, he'll answer.
And Matthew 11:28-
Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.


From Romans 5:2-
We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand-- out on the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise.
From Romans 5:20-
All that passing laws against sin did was produce more lawbreakers. But sin didn't, and doesn't, have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace. When it's sin versus grace, grace wins hands down. All sin can do is threaten us with death, and that's the end of it. Grace, because God is putting everything together again through the Messiah, invites us into life-- a life that goes on and on and on, world without end. 
Grace and more grace
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace
Wide open spaces of God's grace
Aggressive forgiveness we call grace
Grace wins hands down against sin
Grace invites us into life

Do you see it?
Do you feel it like I feel it?
Not a day goes by without His unfolding grace!
I want to live a life full of the unforced rhythms of grace- the wide open spaces of grace- the aggressive forgiveness of grace!
Grace wins!
Grace invites us into life... REAL LIFE.
Grace, great grace- is a lifestyle~~ Lived day in and day out.
Daily He igves me grace and daily I accept it or deny it... daily I choose to pass on this grace for the gift that it is.
Sharing His great grace makes it all the more sparkling special... I'm realizing- grace-- my ability to give and receive it can very much define me. When I block grace or don't extend grace- a hardness begins to crystallize on my heart, adding weight and burden... oh, soveryvery unnecessarily, I might add.
Grace frees me to be more me...
His me.




1 comment:

  1. Amen. All is grace--amazing grace. Great post, I enjoyed visiting here today. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover